Monday 9 February 2015

Newspaper

The magic of newspaper continues...



I still vividly remember the superb throws of the newspaper -wallah from my childhood days. The rolled-in papers used to perfectly land in our balcony everyday morning punctually. Nowadays, it lies gently at our apartment doorsteps brought in by the building security. The settings have changed but not my anticipation while fetching the morning papers. The "can't-describe-exactly" smell while turning the pages still peps me up in the morning :-)

Catching glimpses of the headlines for the day before going to work was a habit. Now. after becoming a stay-at-home mom, the newspaper has become my breakfast companion. Sipping orange juice while flipping through the pages probably boosts up my Vitamin C intake. Away from the television where news channels are blaring "breaking news" throughout the day, I can absorb the news at my pace and comfort. Isn't that a bliss ? Getting to know the opinion of the author along with the news is a bonus too .

Happy me in the Papyrus World. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this one very much. As I grew up in a joint family, for me there was a competition about who would catch the newspaper first in the morning. Still I love the feeling of opening up the fresh newspaper so much that I make sure that nobody in the family opens it before me. Even in the era of internet editions of newspapers the actual one still holds the same charm for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sudipta. It was so nice to hear your story. You echoed my thoughts too well :-)

    ReplyDelete